Real Estate Development Experience
Along with our corporate and tax advising, Mickelson & Company also has a focus on select real estate development and expansion in the Sioux Falls area.
Jansmick Land Investments
In May of 2004, Mark Mickelson, Dale Jans and Erin Halvorson joined in the ownership and development of 200 acres of land near the northeast interchange of Benson Road and Interstate 29.
- 50 acres sold to high-end light industrial users, including Cimmaron Label and Army Corp of Engineers
- 3,000 jobs adjacent to development (First Premier, Esurance, Midcontinent)
- Adjacent to Sanford Sports Complex (Hockey, Tennis, Football, Pentagon-Basketball/Volleyball, Fieldhouse-Indoor Soccer/Football/Baseball/Training)
Distribution warehouse available fall of 2018 with lease rate of $6.35/SF NNN. Located at 51st St North in Sioux Falls near the northeast interchange of Benson Road and Interstate 29 just across the street from the Sanford Sports Complex. Area businesses are concentrated in the warehouse/distribution and light manufacturing uses.
- 54,000 sq ft total building size with flex suites: 5,400, 9,000 and 25,200
- 24' sidewalls
- Flexible number dock doors and drive-ins
- 50+/- paved parking spaces
Dakota Dirt Three
In May of 2007, Mickelson and a partner purchased 157 acres of future development ground located at the southeast intersection of 85th Street and Tea-Ellis Road. This land is presently located ½ mile north of Tea and one mile south of Sioux Falls in a budding development area in the region.
View the Dakota Dirt Three Full Map (PDF).